Terrell Tx

Welcome to 75160
Thursday, September 21 2017 @ 07:04 pm EDT

Forum Index > Political > Rental Community Integrity Ordinance No. 2457 New Topic Post Reply
 Search Warrants/Existing Ordinance #2343 Section I.C.2.&3.
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: scrothers
 April 10 2011 02:18 am (Read 8847 times)  

2. The enforcement authority is authorized at reasonable times to inspect:
a. Premises which contain no structure; and
b. The exterior of a structure and premises which contain a structure, provided, however, if such a structure is occupied, the enforcement authority shall first present proper credentials and request entry on the premises;
c. The interior of a structure, if the permission of the owner, occupant, or person is control is given.

3. The enforcement authority shall have the power to obtain search warrants allowing the inspection of any specified premises to determine the presence of a health hazard or unsafe building condition, including but not limited to any structural, property, or utility hazard, or in violation of any health or building regulation, statute, or ordinance.

Anonymous: Huh
 April 24 2011 18:52 pm  

Context?

April 24 2011 22:23 pm  

Landlords were told that if permission was not given to enter a house then an Administrative Search Warrant would be used. A search warrant is a search warrant to me. I think it should be used for a criminal and NOT a "loose wire hanging" which is what someone from the city said they would be looking for.

April 26 2011 14:31 pm  

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

I believe a search warrant, called Administrative Search Warrant by the City, is still a search warrant and should be used for criminals and not for "a loose wire hanging".

Anonymous: Fitria
 May 14 2014 15:03 pm  

I've come to the conclusion that this has to be one of the besgigt things about blogs and this here internet thing: all the information that very few people used to hear, we can pass around to damn near everyone who goes online.

Content generated in: 0.03 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:04 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to post 
Full HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Banner Advertisement